Synthetic rubber latex admixture to improve mechanical strength of cementitious mixes for screeds and renders.
MAPEI Planicrete Synthetic-rubber latex
Planicrete is a highly stable water dispersion of a special synthetic elastomer resistant to alkaline saponification, characterised by its low glass transition temperature.
Planicrete is supplied in the form of a highly fluid, white coloured latex which, when added to cement and aggregate mixes, improves their adhesion, plasticity, thixotropy, water retention and overall workability.
- • Better adhesion to substrates
- • Higher compressive and flexural strengths
- • Higher resistance to abrasion
- • Higher impermeability
- • Better resistance to freeze-thaw cycles
- • Better resistance to diluted acids, saline solutions and oils
WHERE TO USE
- • As an admixture to improve the mechanical and adhesive characteristics of cement-based screeds, renders and thin smoothing layers
- • As an admixture for highly adhesive cement bonding slurries